I’m not big on New Year’s resolutions…but I do set them occasionally. When I set them, I usually set them on my birthday – you know, the beginning of my own personal new year. As you might guess, I did set one resolution on my birthday this year…or should I say, the day after my birthday celebration – and so far so good for that one, I’m happy to say. (OK, so maybe I haven’t stopped completely, but I’ve cut back significantly.)
So, here they are, in no particular order…the things I’m going to try desperately to remember to do (or not to do) for the remainder of 2010:
- I will not rush my children. After 5 ½ years (yeah, I’m a quick study, eh?), I’m finally figuring out that rushing my kids is counter productive. Especially with Ladybug. The more I try to hurry her along, the more she grows roots.
- I will prepare for tomorrow today. Hey, teaching this old dog new tricks is…well…tricky. I’m actually pretty good at preparing for myself, but I absolutely suck at preparing for the rest of the family. Lunches packed, clothes laid out, kid activities lined up, dinner planned, shopping lists prepared…that sort of stuff needs to be all worked out before I go to bed. Ugh! This will be hard for me. I’m really too spontaneous for this Mom gig, but I’m going to try to plan better.
- I will be a little sweeter to The Man. Not that I’m mean or anything, but I’m not an especially sweet person. I’m more…bitter…in a good way…like a nice hoppy beer. But The Man’s got a sweet tooth, so I’m gonna be a little sweeter.
- I will sleep. I will go to bed before it’s ‘officially tomorrow’, and when I wake up at 4:30 am, I will roll over, close my eyes and try to catch a few more Zzzzzs. And if that doesn’t work, I will do a little reading…in a book…not on the computer. Reading books makes me sleepy. Reading blogs wires me.
- I will treat my business like a business and stop pussy-footing around with it. Yeah, this means I have to hit the pavement and beg the brick & mortar world of retail to start pushing my products for me. Ugh…again.
- I will stop complaining. Yeah, right! Like that’s gonna happen.