AlyGatr’s Everywhere. I love her blog. She always manages to put a smile on my face. She was writing to let me know she’d passed the Kreative Blogger award to me. How nice was that?
I’ve received blog awards a couple of times before and it always makes me feel so good. Honestly, I can’t believe people read, never mind enjoy reading, what I have to say. So it’s truly an honor. Thanks Alyssa. Oh! And if you don’t read AlyGatr’s Everywhere, have never caught up with Alyssa at The Mamadramalogues, or checked out her shop…well, you should.
Now for the hard part…. As the recipient of this award, I have to share 7 things about me that you might not know. Coming up with 7 things you don’t know about me is a little challenging, because, well, because I’m always going on and on and on about myself and my life. But here goes:
1. I hate fruit. Yep, all fruit. Don’t like any of it. Nope, not strawberries, not apples, not bananas – Ooooo, ick! Especially not bananas.
2. As a little girl, I wanted to be a lounge singer…and as a matter of fact, I still want to be a lounge singer.
3. I get all choked up watching the Tinkerbell movie. I know, lame, lame, lame. Can't help it. Whe she puts that little music box back together.... And when she gets to go to the mainland, and Pixie-Dust Fairy Boy gives her that little purse full of pixie dust.... And when she leaves the little music box on Wendy's window sill.... Oh god! Here come the waterworks. So embarassing!
OK, enough of that, back to business.
4. I can drink my weight in beer. (There, that ought to make up for the Tinkerbell thing.) I really try not to do this anymore. Although every now and then I like to confirm that I still can – which could explain a little about why I was searching for a hangover cure a week ago.
5. I am obsessed with laundry. I can not stand to see stains on things and have been known to spend hours researching how to get a particular stain out of something. (And yes, I have a pretty good list compiled, if anyone’s interested.)
6. I am absolutely terrified that my 3yo daughter (Ladybug) already realizes that I have no real control over her.
7. I believe in magic. Not the ‘pull-a-rabbit-out-of-your-hat’ kind of magic, but the ‘cosmic-convergence’ kind of magic. Like when somebody spills their drink at a ball game, bends down to make sure it’s not soaking your purse and misses the pop-fly so you get to catch the souvenir ball. THAT kind of magic.
And now for the TRULY hard part – picking 7 other bloggers to share the award with. This really is difficult. I read a lot of blogs and I only read blogs I love, of course. I could pick a lot more than 7, but here are 7 that I’m really loving at the moment:
1. Garden Mama - beautiful photos and great ideas
2. Grass Stain Guru - exaulting the pleasures of playing outside
3. I Don’t Like This Job - a brave mama who's not afraid to blog about the crappiness of stay-at-home-motherhood. I worry about her sometimes, but it's good to know I'm not the only one who doesn't just love life with the little kidos.
4. When T Rules the World - really, she should rule the world.
5. One Pretty Thing - round up after round up of pretty things to look at, and pretty things to do.
6. Absolutely Small - the exploits of Chicken Pants. Now who can resist that?
7. Kind Over Matter - they need another blog award like they need a hole in the head, I'm sure. There's just so much kindness going on over there, I feel compelled to spread it around a little. If you haven't checked them out, do it now. It'll make you happy.
Whew! That was a hard list to cull down. It’d probably be a completely different list tomorrow, but that’ the list for today.
Here are the Rules to Pay it Forward (If you want to participate):
1. Copy/paste the Kreativ Blogger Award picture onto your blog
2. Thank the person who awarded it to you and post a link to her/his blog
3. Write 7 things about yourself we might not know
4. Choose 7 other bloggers to award
5. Link to them
6. Notify your 7 bloggers of their awards